Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris, known as the Toolbox Killers, were convicted of abducting, torturing, raping and killing five young women in the late 1970s in Los Angeles, California. The killers both died in San Quentin prison- but not before forensic psychology practitioner and private investigator Laura Brand could interview them. Her interviews have revealed details never before known to the public, and her goal is to recover the remains of their victims whose remains were never recovered so they can be returned to their families.
Our team at Redgrave Research is honored to assist Laura in her research. We helped with researching the families of the killers, as sometimes the genealogy of a person can help give insight to a person’s psychology. We also have helped with other research related to missing persons who could have crossed paths with these perpetrators.
Tune in to Peacock on the 23rd or the Oxygen channel on October 3rd to see the premiere of “The Toolbox Killer”, featuring Laura Brand, the “Siren of San Quentin”, and her work to bring peace to the victims of these notorious serial killers.
- “Tool Box Killer” who preyed on teenagers dies (Visalia Times, 25 Feb 2020)
- 500 girls marked for murder? (Fresno Bee, 16 Feb 1980)
- Andrea Joy Hall (Charley Project)
- Andrea Joy Hall (Doe Network)
- Andrea Joy Hall (NamUs)
- Bittaker (News-Pilot, 30 Apr 1980)
- Bittaker is convicted (Redondo Reflex, 18 Feb 1981)
- Bookings made in sadistic killings (Desert Dispatch, 15 Feb 1980)
- California killer Lawrence Bittaker dies in prison at 79 (Sacramento Bee, 17 Dec 2019)
- CrimeCon 2021 schedule
- Did The Toolbox Killers Ever Reveal Where All Their Victims’ Bodies Were?
- Electrician confesses to 5 killings (Freson Bee, 19 Mar 1980)
- Girl leaves meeting at Redondo church and disappears (Redondo Reflex, 18 Jul 1979)
- Girls’ deaths described in detail to jury (News-Pilot, 20 Jan 1981)
- Help sought in slaying case (Redondo Reflex, 12 Mar 1980)
- Killing spree may have claimed 19 (Los Angeles Times, 20 Feb 1980)
- LA suspects questioned in possible mass murders (Daily Press, 17 Feb 1980)
- Lucinda Lynn Schaefer (Charley Project)
- Lucinda Lynn Schaefer (Doe Network)
- Lucinda Lynn Schaefer (NamUs)
- Murders (Fresno Bee, 16 Feb 1980)
- Oxygen exclusive article (signup required)
- The Toolbox Killers: Don’t You Like To Scream?
- The Toolbox Killers: The Evidence (Video)
- Torture-death suspect silent at araignment (News-Pilot, 30 Apr 1980)
- Victim testifies on attack by Bittaker (Redondo Reflex, 28 Jan 1981)
- Would you pick up the phone if a serial killer called? Laura Brand does every time, and for good reason